Friday, September 5, 2008

Just breathe

1...2...3...4...5..6 ok there maybe I can do this blog.

I don't know where to begin but this morning/week has been nothing but a pain in my side/butt take your pick.

Work as a new system, fine, dandy, lovely and all that jazz. Had two months to learn and practice before the live date of September 2nd. Each person in the company has certain access rights to view, enter, correct & complete certain tasks for their department or office. So the week passes with few incidents in our office that is until today. I come in and work is going great, a company that is usually hard to book loads has sent me a few before work started for drivers I had waiting on me today is a good day. Until I called because a box in the system was "grey'd" out so that I couldn't change the info, which I needed to change. So I call. Ring.

Him::Hello...

Me:::Goodmorning I have a issue with XYZ not workkkk...

Him:::OH are you calling about YOU not connecting a load to a check on Tuesday?

Me:::Excuse me I'm sorry I don't understand.

Him::OH You printed out $600 worth of checks that didn't have a # for a load attached to it.

Me::I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about.

Him::Is this Tracey from office etc. Has boss not spoke to you about this matter yet?

Me:: Yes it is...and no I have no idea what's going on.

Him:::OK whats your issue but you'll need to call me back about this other matter asap.

Got my matter handled and Boss walks in 40 minutes early for work. I knew something was going on that needed to be fixed. I go on about what the phone call was about. It seems that somehow on Tuesday my user ID was used in the system to advance a driver $600 that the driver didn't receive. And since my ID was attached and the driver don't have its automatically pointing at me. Time passes and the guy from the earlier phone call asks to speak to Boss. He's not saying much but as he leaves for lunch, he's pretty much telling me that the guy is still adamant that I have the checks. Which leaves me wanting to IM this (insert word here) and say listen here (insert your fav not so nice word here) IF you are so sure it was ME please show me my signature on the said checks. Granted $600 would but nice right now. BUT I'm not risking my job for it seriously that's just plain dumb.

I was ill all morning. Not nervous because I'm guilty just more so this guy is so adamant on pinning me for it. And I wasn't even the one that did the order entry for it and Boss told him so.

All this needs is to get to the Owner and I'll either loose my check writing privilege or I'll be job shopping.

Glad its Friday. Glad I have 2 more hours of work, and 2 more hours of biting my tongue.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker