Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Politics out of the mouths of Babes

I tend to shy away from politics especially this year b/c I feel we're screwed either way. But in school my kids are learning the democratic process of voting. They know you have to be a citizen to vote, can't be in jail bc you lose your right to vote, and have to have been born in the US to be President. I'm glad they know all this, they told me yesterday, "we registered to vote, we're having a KidVote at school." This interested me so I asked "ok so who are you going to vote for?" Kylee says I'm voting for Obama because I've seen him on Tv. To this I thought must be that McCain looks like every other old white man to her and Obama is different to her. Tyler says I like John McCain. I ask Why? He says "because he wants to make it better for us...and I can say his Name." Then they were talkin in the back seat saying Obamba, Omamba, Osamba. I had to chuckle at them and their 6 year old political stances.

1 comment:

smizzo said...

So, so cute! I especially love Tyler's response. :)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker