Tuesday, January 4, 2011

5 month Break ~ Restart of C25K

August 11th 2010 was my Last post on my Couch to 5K project. Since then I have been really slacking on getting back into it, but it's winter time here some days & nice the next, (I'm to cheap to get a gym membership, nor do I have the time) Also, I'm not one for resolutions because I wouldn't stick to them. Last night, while kids were starting home work & the sun was shining brightly through the newly cleaned glass of the front door, I thought HEY why not today!

The kids promised they would work on their homework while I went outside for 30 minutes. I can see the house the whole time from where I run & my dad lives right down the street & has a reaction time of about 30 seconds when I call him.

I found my ear buds, a couple of shirts to layer because it was 50 degrees & laced up my cheapo Shape Up wannabe shoes, then out the door I went. Down the main road, hung a left onto the road that leads to the levee...UP the levee, GEEZ these shoes really really make you feel it on an incline! (Ive worn them on occasion just to town or work but not on a run/walk rotation) The little guy in my ear tells me to RUN as I'm climbing the cattle fence, to get on top of the levee road. Run. 30 seconds, Walk 90 seconds....after 4 runs I wanted to turn back, the air into my lungs was cooler than I thought, I was colder than I thought I would be, I thought about the kids playing instead of homework, thinking I shouldn't have started this today. But I decided to tune out my thoughts & the sting in my lungs, listen to my music as my feet pressed the gravel & dodge a few cow patties. I look up to realize Ive past where I turned back the 1st time I started this over 6 months ago in the 100+ degree heat.

At the half way & turn around point I see the cows whose patties I had been dodging & they thought I was there to feed them so they followed me for a few minutes until they realized I had nothing for them. I managed to run all but one of my 30 second runs yesterday. I managed to jump the Cattle fence before the little guy in my ear told me to start my last run before the cool down, I opted not to run it downhill or past the house with mange havin dogs so I walked faster than normal, in hopes to sneak past the dogs. I made it home as it the cool down started.

Luckily for the kids they had gotten the homework I had asked to be completed done while I was gone as well.

Wish me Luck as I try to do this Monday, Wednesday & Fridays :)

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker