I’ve always considered myself rather tech savvy. I have all kinds of geek toys to play with and learn, always looking for a new one.
Recently I bought an external hard drive to store my pictures. I didn’t realize over the last 8 years I’ve taken over 11,000 so it was a wise purchase in case my computer goes on the rampage and gets hungry. My husband refers to it as the white box that sits there and lights up when plugged in. BUT seeing that I really like my lil ole digital camera he went and bought me a Nikon SLR3000 now I can’t wait to get out and play with it. Now that makes me want to purchase a photo shop program now so I can edit the pictures.
Now Im researching iPod’s iTouch. Every one says just go get an iPhone but I don’t want the $30 a month data plan again. We just upgraded at Christmas times to LG Vu’s which are touch screen with a $10 each unlimited data. Back to the iTouch, it runs off of Wi-fi to get online, it requires iTunes to get you existing mp3’s onto it. I live out in the boondocks so no Wifi unless I go to McD’s or down the street to a friends drive way since she has High Speed Internet by Satellite thru our local electric co-op & a wireless router. I have internet at home but its thru At&t Usb Wireless do dad that has a sim card in it like a cell phone. I like it because you can take the laptop in the car on trips & use it anywhere a cell phone will work BUT it limits me with this whole iTouch thing. Ill have bring the laptop to town or on a trip to Memphis where there is 3G to get the program to download to use it at home. I’m trying to figure out how to make my laptop & internet connection into a local wifi for the iTouch. The things I’ve read so far it doesn’t seem easy or it’s for other net connections other than what I have.
SO if anyone reading this has any suggestions or idea let me know.
I haven’t purchased the iTouch yet. Another down side is the price to get it to link to my car radio $60-80 for the tuner deal to have the iTouch play thru the car speakers which would eliminate having a lot of CD’s in the car on trips which we have a spring break road trip coming up soon.
Thanks for reading my Techy ramble.




No comments:
Post a Comment