Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Couch to 5K ~ Week 2 Run 1

8.03.10 ~ After a two day break & a day of 121 Heat Indices I waited until almost 8pm to get started. It was still 99 degrees and I have no idea what the humidity was but OH MY was it steamy. My dad came up to sit with Kylee & Hoss (that dog loves my dad) he asked me to go down his road this time since it was starting to get dark, that way IF I had trouble I could call him and he would be able to drive to me.

Ive found that running by houses are a distraction, whether is the possibility of relatives coming out to speak to me or the dogs I had worried about. The levee is peaceful with 4 horses & trees. But I understand dads concern so I went with the road.

I learned the meaning of "having my ass handed to me" on this run. This morning I am a touch sore but its a good thing I'm sure. A sign my muscles are waking up maybe??

My iTouch app has me taking a two day break between the weeks. So my schedule stays Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and based on last night Ill be running tomorrow before I wake the kids up for sure. 82 degrees at 6am sounds WAY better than 100 at 8pm. I took Hoss out this morning at 6 to test the theory and it was alot better.

Until tomorrow Week 2 Run 2 aka 2.2 ;)

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker