Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Gift of Giving

Looking back on the last year and seeing how much we as a family have been hit with heartaches and blessings, Ive been thinking. Yes I know that can be dangerous but anyhow here is my plan of action.

Back in March our family lost a lot. That Fire took away a lot of our stuff, mementos of our past, our pets, took away our planned vacation time and we have rebuilt and renewed. We had alot of things given to us or paid for without knowing who to thank. Kids came home with yearbook receipts, because someone paid for them before I could send the check for them, I don't know who to thank for that. It was a Pay It Forward act of kindness. There were alot of things done that way, unsigned cards with gift cards or  cash inside.

 We gained A LOT from that time also. We are alot closer, we have New house that is OURS, we have replaced everything and making new memories. (After the 1st we get our Vacation time back)

SO with that, this Christmas We are giving Back. I've asked the kids in place of a few gifts from us, That THEY take that money and pick a Paper Angel from the Angel Tree at Church to buy things for a child they don't know so that child may have presents they otherwise may not be getting at all this year.

They learned the kindness of our community first hand, now I want them to learn that Giving is just as good as receiving!

1 comment:

smizzo said...

I think you are amazing. That is all. :)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker