So the title says a lil bit of what my day is going to be like...and its rather par for the course this week. Wednesday I set my alarm and forgot to turn it ON but managed to still get to work on time. Yesterday was ok as far as I got to work on time nothing major happened during the day. I got home fixed some supper for the clan, this week our weekend houseguests' girlfriend and their 1 year old baby has stayed at my house to watch Kylee while I worked. So anyhow while I completely and totally appreciate the hell out of them, I really can't wait to have my house back.
So all is going along fine last night, lil bummed that Survivor wasn't on. So about 8 I put Kylee to bed and I retired to my room, to watch what ever was on besides basketball. I remember the news came on at 9 and I drifted off to sleep..ZZZZZzzzzZZZZ.
Next thing I know Mike (weekend house guest) flings open my door and says "Hey Tracey, Work is taking Rob to the hospital he cut his finger pretty bad" Ok in sleepy Tracey land I heard. Hey. Rob. Hospital. Bad.....I thought OH holy shit, I popped outta bed throwing on anything presentable that somewhat matched. My fear was because about 3 weeks ago Rob told me he had the scare of his life when a coil was unravelling 2 feet from him and he had no idea why it didn't get him.
I get into the living room and I heard Mike laughing and I thought he can't possibly be talking to Rob and laughing. Turns out he was. He told me he thought I should know and I didn't have to come to the ER if I didn't want to. I told him I can't sleep now so I'll see you there.
25 minutes later I'm in the parking lot and no signs of them yet. I'm calmed down now b/c its not that bad he tells me but I want to be there. 5 minutes later they show up. He tells me what happened. He was helping a guy hold some sheet steel, while holding somehow his left ring finger got pinched in the middle and of course he pulled it out and to took some skin with it. When he showed me it was more like a hunk of skin and flesh, but it wasn't bleeding so that meant he didn't get so deep he hit a vein or anything. Wasn't the prettiest site but least he had his finger.
We (Rob, me, & his supervisor) walk in, get his signed in and triage'd, oddly enough in not so Great River Med Center fashion things were steady and didn't have to wait for long. After the initial paper signing they gave him the cup to pee in since its policy for work accidents. He comes out of triage and tells me he needs something BIG to drink b/c the meds he has to take means he needs to pee in a DIFFERENT cup. So I leave for his sister's Sonic down from the hospital at 11pm, of course she's curious why I am out that late. I tell her what's going on and not to worry and I also hadn't called his mom b/c I didn't want her to worry. I get back with his drink to find he's gone to X~ray. I sit in the room reading my new book that really kicks some ass while I wait. Rob gets back and Doc comes in and says we need you to soak your hand in this to get the germs that could be in there out. He says its water, betadine and peroxide. Rob says ok. (In the back of my mind I'm remembering when Rob laughed at me when I said peroxide hurt IN a wound) He sticks his hand in and immediately says "don't sting wth ever" So he sits in this mix for 20 minutes and doc comes in again. This time with the digital block shot and silver nitrate. Rob couldn't get stitches as he had no flesh there to stitch. I asked him if I could take a picture of it to show Tiffany cause she's weird like that, Its all about the nurse in her (I loves ya girl). But he wouldn't let me.
So I saw the shot and stood behind Rob telling him to breathe and rubbing his back to get him to relax. Him, needles and seeing his own blood are not the best combo. I see Rob start to shake in pain and start to sweat. I get a wet paper towel when he complains he's hot. If you know us we have this low tone level way of speaking to each other that no one else hears or understands, (Right Mark?) I relay to the Doc that he's hot and now sweating and don't feel so good. SURE sign he's gonna pass smooth out and he was sitting up. So here I was holding Rob while wiping him with a cold towel and the Doc says Nurse could you come help us please. I'm thinking yeha really as you have a needle in your hand on the 3rd puncture and he's fainting yeah we need someone lol. Nurse comes in and lays the bed back and we get Rob laid down, Doc gets the silver nitrate on and done. Doc brings in the fan which I though was really nice of him. I'm wiping Robs face and head til he cools off, He don't really remember that part I don't think. He told me he was glad I came. I said Yeah b/c I don't see "supervisor" doing all this for you. A lil while later he's feeling better and wants to sit up, I walk out of the room and there is his sister to see how he was doing. Nurse came to sit him up, Doc brought his discharge papers and script. 12:45 we walk out of the door.
Rob went back to work, I went home. 2:30 I fall asleep 5:30 my alarm starts blaring. UGHHHH man. I felt since Rob went to work and plans to go in at Noon today after all this, I could drag myself outta bed to work. I get up get dressed, today is my casual friday I tell ya. Knit pants, T~shirt and Hoodie. That whole quote I'm outta bed and dressed what more do you want comes to mind. I get work 10 minutes early to find I don't have my office door key. Its on the desk IN THE DANG Office.....hummm was this a sign to take my ass back to the house? So I sat in the car for 45 minutes waiting on my boss to get here.
I can't stop yawning now and I've been IN the office an hour now and it took me that long to write this. Come on 3pm It can't get here soon enough.




1 comment:
Dude, at least he has a finger! OMG, what a night!
Hope you both get some much needed rest this weekend.
Post a Comment