I'm a bowler and have been since I was 14, I took a 4 year break when I had my daughter I think I bowled 3 times in that break. I decided to start back in the fall of 2006, I thought this should prove interesting I'm not gonna have the same average I did I'm gonna tee totally suck at this and I'm gonna disappoint myself. As it turned out I set the same average as before I had taken my hiatus. After bowling that season that was filled with ups and downs, a team member died of cancer, got a replacement, had a 80 something year young lady bowling that decided she didn't want to bowl the next season, I was pretty much left with out a team. So I decided to leave to fate and said OK if I'm gonna bowl in the same place or another bowling alley, I'll let someone ask me to be on their team.
Sometime in the summer I was eating lunch and a lady I had bowled against in the previous season asked me to bowl with her and 2 other ladies that had been on other teams. So we merged and went to another bowling alley. Right away other than feeling out of place because we didn't know anyone and they saw us as outsiders, I was going really good. I set an average 30 PINS higher than the previous season. I bowled a season high 228 and became #2 on the Top 10 Womens Leaderboard. #1 has a 276 I believe and thats held by my son's Kindergarten teacher, thats a long way for me to get too. So anyhow last night I'm bowling along, had a 173 game. I didn't think anything about it. Go into the 2nd game, I start out with 3 strikes and I called Kylee, b/c she always says "momma call me if you get a turkey" So I did, get back up and bowled a 9 spare, then 9 miss. Awe well nothing new there, CHOKE, I get back up X X X X holy crap X X and in the last frame of the 10th a 7...OMG I bowled a 254 game! Thats my highest game ever since I've started bowling, My heart was racing I thought it was going to explode. I was literally shaking, one of the ladies I bowl with she asked me in my striking episode if that ever gets old. I laughed and so no not really and smiled. When I sat down she said "I can see why it never gets old now its got to be an adrenline rush knowing you're doing so well and knowing all eyes are on you for that moment." Everyone in the league was clapping for me and congratulating me.
I know bowling isn't the most exciting sport in the world but its the sport I love and I just got a whole new reason to love it more. Only thing that could be better is for the child I carried for 9 months and bowled the WHOLE time I was caring her, does the same thing in the future.




1 comment:
That's awesome! My Grandpa used to bowl and sometimes I would go with him. I had so much fun even though I sucked. Bad.
You got skillz, girl. Good for you! :)
This post makes me want to try it again..
Post a Comment