Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Awesome

Success!!! As ya'll know my cat is or has been a pain in my behind even most so since we put up the Chirstmas tree. She decided I had brought the outside into her and wanted to take up residence IN it. And knock off MOST of the ornments glad they are shatterproof and not keepsake one. SO anyway I was looking online lately for ANY advice on how to keep her out of it and save my sanity. I posted a question on Yahoo Answers. I got many suggestions from, kill it (thought of that one), shock collar (too $), attack dog with a beware of dog sign and hope the cat knew how to read, to citrus spray or some stuff you can only get at Petco. Which we don't have ANY kind of pet store unless you want to buy a bird or reptile. I called my vet and they said to try the citrus spray. OK worth a shot least my house will smell like an ORANGE for the month of December. Got that from Walmart monday. Went home and SPRAYED the tree down. Had to leave to take Rob supper at work. Came home and guess who was in the tree. Guess she like oranges too. She tried to eat a banana the other morning THROUGH the plastic and the peeling.

SO yesterday my stepson had a dentist appointment in Jonesboro which has a PetCo. I called my motherinlaw for something else and remembered HEY theres a PetCo just down the street and SINCE she is there. I ask can she got see if they had ANYTHING.
THEY DID THEY DID.
Its called Cat and Kitty Repellent. Wonder if its like mosquito repellent can I spray myself and she stop following me? Any I spray the tree AS Soon as we got home. Stuff smells like nothing I have ever smelled before and can't explain. Its not a good smell but its tolerable to be in the house. After I sprayed I put her near the tree and she RAN away from it...YEAH! She don't like the smell. I am suppose to spray ever 24 hours but I have to every 12 I have found. After replacing the ornaments BACK on the tree. This morning only 2 were off. My thought was those might not have attached good from the last tree climb. So anyway I sprayed the tree again this morning. And when she walks near it she is a lil faster about getting away from it or makes a BIG detour past it. SO I hope this works. So far it is.

2 comments:

TGIF ~ Thank God Imma Foodie said...

I'm glad you found something to work. I wish I had some for my dog sometimes. He follows me EVERYWHERE! LOL!

Tammy said...

Success ~ FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker